WineFriend takes the hassle and guesswork out of choosing great wine at a reasonable price. We're the only truly personalised wine subscription service in New Zealand with proprietary software driving our business model.
We have one position available, Head of Digital, which will join our small but mighty team based in Meadowbank, Auckland, just 10 mins from the CBD by train. You’ll be joining a team of doers who really care about delivering exceptional customer experiences in an industry that’s proven to be pretty pandemic-proof.
We’ve grown our business from a concept to a place on the Deloitte Fast 50* in less than 5 years by innovating, doing things differently, and doing things better.
*#29, in case you’re wondering
Head of Digital
You’re a digital know-it-all, detail fanatic with a passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences through technology.
Able to work independently, you’re thrive on project ownership and bringing an idea to fruition. You have a flair for design, coupled with a pragmatic, no-nonsense approach to day-to-day tasks.
You bring a problem-solving mindset to every situation, always looking how things can be done better and more efficiently.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Working closely with our CEO, you’ll drive IT projects from brief through to go-live, delivering on-time and within budget
- You’ll be the primary contact for our IT developers, creating and developing a strong working relationship to the benefit of both parties
- Become the in-house expert on all things ‘Bacchus’ (the pet name for our proprietary software), understanding its capabilities and limitations, and proactively identifying enhancements to improve system efficiency and UX
- Trouble-shoot system issues, delving into the detail to identify and solve problems alongside our IT developers
- Support the Marketing team through the maintenance and creation of web pages and products using CMS software, data generation and analysis, image editing etc.
- You have a passion for technology and all things digital — we value attitude and experience over qualifications
- 3+ years of proven digital producer / project management experience, delivering both small and large digital projects on time and within budget
- Sufficient understanding of coding to enable you to liaise effectively with developers
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Adobe applications; experience with In Design and Xero is desirable but not essential
- Experience using Google Ads/Analytics is a plus
- You’re thorough, and pride yourself on your high level of attention to detail
- You conduct yourself professionally and with a smile
- We'd like you to start as soon as possible
BENEFITS OF BEING PART OF THE TEAM
- Flexible working hours
- Option to work from home on Monday’s and Friday’s
- 4 weeks annual leave + your birthday as paid leave
- Staff discount on wine and lots of free samples!
- You’re welcome to join us when we volunteer at Everybody Eats once a month
Applicants MUST be living in NZ and have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Head to the Seek advertisements to apply, you can find the Head of Digital here. You'll need to provide an up-to-date CV which outlines your relevant work experience, two work references we can contact, your expectations on salary, and a cover letter introducing yourself and telling us why you think you should be our new wine friend.